Beetroot is an annual, biennial and perennial plant. Belongs to the family "Amarantovye". Beet has 13 species and only 2 of them are cultivated plants. Bred it in the gardens for the extraction of sugar and as a vegetable.
Beetroot for many years occupies a worthy place in traditional medicine, in cooking and in cosmetology. Now it is difficult to imagine a diet without its use in the preparation of various dishes. And this is justified, since the vegetable has almost all the necessary elements for the human body. In this article we will talk about the benefits and harms of the root.
Consider how much and what elements are contained in a vegetable, what it is used for, and in what quantities it can be used without fear of harmful effects.
The chemical composition of root vegetables
A wide range of chemical content of red beets. First of all, it is sugar in the form of glucose, sucrose and fructose. Also, the vegetable is rich in minerals: magnesium, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc and other elements. Potassium is the highest content - about 3.5%. Acids are found in the form of oxalic, tartaric, citric and malic acid.Beets on a wicker plate
Calorie red beet
Calorie content is small, only 49 kcal boiled per 100 grams. And in its raw form, and even less, only 40 kcal per 100g. It contains proteins in the raw form of 1.5%, fat - 0.1%, carbohydrates - 8.8%, fiber - 0.7%. This suggests that the vegetable has beneficial properties, both raw and boiled, especially for people on a diet. Vegetable contains a large amount of vitamins - A, C, E, PP and vitamins of subgroup "B".
The benefits and harm to humans
Benefit for health
Due to the favorable biochemical composition, it is useful for people with various diseases:Beets in the garden
- With chronic constipation. Since beets contain fiber, organic acids and a number of other elements, it fruitfully affects the metabolic processes in the body; ridding the body of putrefactive bacteria through the action of various acids, and is a "cleaner" of the body;
- With obesity and liver disease. Root contains lyotropic substance betaine, which regulates the fat content in the human body. In addition, betaine prevents chemical substances from entering the liver;
- With atherosclerosis and hypertension. Magnesium contributes to the treatment of these diseases;
- As a laxative, diuretic;
- With anemia. Vegetable is useful for restoring blood flow, as it has trace elements in itself that are responsible for these processes.
- When pregnant women. Phioic acid has a beneficial effect on the formation of the nervous system of the fetus;
- In diseases of the thyroid gland. In beets, as in any other product, a high content of iodine, and the use of this vegetable contributes to the treatment of such diseases;
- With a diet. In view of the fact that beet is a low-calorie product, use it in any beet diet.
Usefulness in use is determined by two criteria. First, it contains a whole table of periodic elements.
Secondly, the vegetable contains many substances that are not destroyed during cooking: the benefits of boiled vegetables are no less valuable than raw ones.
Beet contains a rich range of various trace elements and amino acids. With the excessive use of this vegetable, besides its use, it can cause harm to some people prone to the following diseases:Beet leaves
- Diabetes. Diabetics are contraindicated in sugar, and in beets, its high content;
- Urolithiasis disease. In beets, there is oxalic acid, and in this disease it is contraindicated;
- Diarrhea. Vegetable itself is a laxative when consumed;
- Osteoporosis. When used, root crops decrease calcium absorption.
Let us examine in more detail what is the use of this amazing product, starting with tops (leaves). The leaf contains many trace elements with beneficial properties. It contains more vitamins than the root itself. One of these vitamins is a trace element U, which is indispensable for gastric ulcer.
In early spring, when salads and early cabbage have not yet grown on the beds, young leaves will completely replace these vegetables and replenish the human diet with vitamin dishes. In some families, even now, traditions still remain in the preparation of the first dish - rich soup and botvinia, where the main ingredient is tops.
The benefits of juice for the body of women
Juice is widely used in alternative medicine, both for internal and external use. It is useful, above all, the presence of a vitamin of group "B". As you know, this category of vitamins, directly affects the internal organs and nervous system.Beet juice in glasses
In the juice are elements such as iron, potassium, magnesium and others. They directly help the bloodstream in the human circulatory system, increase hemoglobin, eliminate toxins. The presence of iodine has a positive effect on the removal of radionuclides and stimulation of the thyroid gland.
Chlorine removes slags and cleans vessels, acting as a cleaner.
The arginine element slows the growth of tumor neoplasms, providing a therapeutic effect. Thus, juice is a by-product in the treatment of oncology. Juice is used for external use in skin diseases. Also, many use beet juice for rejuvenation and skin health.
And now about the contraindications, of which not many. But still the root crop in this case is better not to eat. You can not eat beets in any form under reduced pressure, diarrhea, diabetes and individual intolerance.
Apply fresh vegetable
The most famous dish is borscht. Unforgettable herring under a fur coat on New Year's Eve, as well as a vinaigrette, which contains a storehouse of vitamins. In addition, with the addition of beets, they prepare other healthy and tasty salads: with cabbage and onions, garlic and mayonnaise, with apples, prunes and others.The use of beets in cooking for salads
Beetroot has long been known for its nutrients and was appreciated by our beauties. The unique composition allows you to include a vegetable as a cosmetic healing agent with great success. Such a reputation is justified by the following features:
- Noticeable hydration of the skin due to the increased content of potassium;
- Thanks to vitamin "C" collagen production is stimulated;
- Cleansing skin pores with curcumin;
- Protection against pathogens;
All the above methods have been tested in practice by a large number of people and are more effective and cheaper means compared to many drugs bought in pharmacies.